Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tell Me Again About The Night I Was Born


Tell Me About The Night I Was Born
by Jamie Lee Curtis
Curtis, Jamie Lee, and Laura Cornell. Tell Me Again about the Night I Was Born. New York, NY: HarperCollins, 1996. Print.


"Tell me again how you couldn't grow a baby in your tummy, so another woman who was too young to take care of me was growing me and she would be my birth mother, and you would adopt me and be my parents." This book was super informative! This is definitely for no one below the third grade! I remember in third grade my best friend was told she was adopted. I'm not sure if she really understood everything about it at the time, but if she had read this book I bet she would have understood it perfectly. This book is so cute and shows the strong love that adoptive parents can still have for their children. This book does not really focus on subject matter, but more on social issues. I think that is a common theme in children's books. I like that because it helps explain things to kids that may be a lot for them to handle.
Activity: Students should ask their parents facts about the day they were born. They could put together a book like the one in the story that would be titled "All About me". For each page they would draw a picture (or use one they have) and write about their birth or childhood. For example, they could describe how much they weighed, or how they got their name. I know we had to do these when I was in grade school.

No comments:

Post a Comment