Tuesday, May 17, 2011

If You Give A Moose A Muffin


If You Give a Moose A Muffin
By Laura Joffe Numeroff
Numeroff, Laura Joffe., and Felicia Bond. If You Give a Moose a Muffin. [New York]: HarperCollins, 1991. Print.

"And chances are...if you give him jam, he'll what a muffin to go with it." I can remember reading this story as a child in school. I think my first grade teacher read it to my class which is what I think is the perfect age for a story like this. I like this story because it is creative and fun. It allows students to laugh and think about the impossible. However, I also believe this story stimulates thought about cause and effect. In each page of the story the speaker explains that if you are to do a certain thing that you probably not supposed to, the consequences of your actions will build up upon each other. Therefore I think this story helps students to use their critical thinking skills.
Activity: Write your own "If...then" Statement and draw a picture. For example, I could write "If I study for my test...Then I will do great!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment