Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Curious George


Curious George Visits the Library
By Margaret and H.A.Rey's

"George found so many good books, he soon had more than he could carry." I love that this book encourages children to go to the library and read more books! I chose to read this book because I can remember reading the Curious George Books when I was a child. This book is longer but the intellectual level would suit the fourth grade. I really don't think this story can be connected to any other classes other than reading. However, it does a good job of encouraging students to read even when it is hard.
Activity: Make a list (at least 3 of each) of what "To Do" and what "Not to Do" in the library. Explain why you should or should not do that in the library. This activity will help students apply proper manners as well as understanding of their reading to their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment