Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dinosaurs Divorce


Dinosaurs Divorce
By Laurence Kransy Brown and Marc Brown
Brown, Laurene Krasny., and Marc Tolon. Brown. Dinosaurs Divorce: a Guide for Changing Families. Boston: Atlantic Monthly, 1986. Print.

"Divorce in your family means many things will change, but one thing that never changes is your parents' love for you." This story really hit home with me after reading it because my parents got divorced when I was in third grade. Right now working with third graders, it is hard for me to imagine that the students in my class would fully understand what a divorce is about. I know I didn't when I was in third grade. I think this book is very helpful because it talks about EVERYTHING that is involved in a divorce. It even mentions that some parents turn to hurtful things such as drinking or yelling at you. I think that this book is for more mature third graders. I think it would really help a lot of kids understand more about what it means when their parents say they are getting a divorce. There is even a page in the front of the book that has a glossary of terms related to divorce.
Activity: The format of this book is in a comic strip. Students should be expected to make a comic strip about anything they want- as long as it tells a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment