Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Littles and the Secret Letter


The Littles and the Secret Letter
by John Peterson
Slater, Teddy, Jacqueline Rogers, and John Lawrence Peterson. The Littles and the Secret Letter. New York: Scholastic, 2001. Print.

I thought this story was extremely strange. I don't think it had any educational value other than allowing students to practice reading and comprehending stories. Because of its size, I think this story would best suit third grade students. However, I don't think I would ask any of my students to read this story because it was really weird. It was about a family of little people the size of bugs called The Littles. The Littles lived in the home of The Biggs- which was a family of normal sized people. This story just described the jealousy of Littles and how they really just wanted to be like the Biggs. What I thought was most strange is that for no apparent reason, the Little Family all had a tail.
Activity: Creative writing assignment- what would you see or do if you were living in a normal sized home but you were only two inches tall?

No comments:

Post a Comment