Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!


I Can Read With My Eyes Shut
By Dr. Seuss
Seuss. I Can Read with My Eyes Shut. New York: Beginner, 1978. Print.

"The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
the more places you'll go."
This quote fits perfectly with this project! I love Doctor Seuss because all of his books are so fun. They all have great messages behind them- even though sometimes it is hard to tell because of all the big funny words and crazy drawings. However, there is an important message in this book. This message deals with how beneficial it is to keep your eyes wide open, ready to take in information about the surrounding world. It is important to be observant and keep your eyes open at all times. This book stresses how much more you will learn if you keep your eyes open. All doctor Seuss books are great for younger grades because they have great pictures and are fun to read.
Activity: Play Taboo- proves that it is much harder to figure out what you are trying to learn when you cannot see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment